Thursday, September 26, 2013

Affirmations and Personality

E (11%) N (25%) T (50%) J (56%)

ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshall and direct. This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader. The ENTJ requires little encouragement to make a plan.

ENTJs are often "larger than life" in describing their projects or proposals. This ability may be expressed as salesmanship, story-telling facility or stand-up comedy. In combination with the natural propensity for filibuster, our hero can make it very difficult for the customer to decline.

ENTJs are decisive. They see what needs to be done, and frequently assign roles to their fellows. Few other types can equal their ability to remain resolute in conflict, sending the valiant (and often leading the charge) into the mouth of hell. When challenged, the ENTJ may by reflex become argumentative. Alternatively (s)he may unleash an icy gaze that serves notice: the ENTJ is not one to be trifled with.

Overall, the commentary is generally pretty accurate. I do want to say though that I'm pretty hesitant to put faith into anything that comes across sounding like a horoscope. You can put a variety of different bits and bobs into a personality test to make it sound unique. In addition, this particular type seems to focus on a very specific aspect of my personality, that being perhaps the most obvious part of it, so I don't find it very useful. Plus, I could have gone either way on a few of the questions anyways. I think anyone can be "persuasive" if they need to be, and I'm not sure how keen I am to agree with how one-sided and analytical this combo seems. Several of the questions dealing with emotional and sympathetic characteristics seemed to me to be too absolute. For example, (and I paraphrase) the question would be something like "do you ALWAYS sympathize with people, grow from their stories yada yada yada". Quite frankly NO! I don't always do that but that certainly doesn't mean I'm that jerk that pushes the grandma in front of the moving vehicles on the sidewalk! I might be taking my results too personally. Anyways, I embrace my results and I'm interested to see what everyone else got.

For my affirmation I got
1. Leader
2. Perceptive
3. Funny
4. Driven
5. Confident

Keaton is going to go far in life. No matter what he chooses to do, he will work at it with all his being. He could choose pretty much anything he wanted with his numerous talents. He has an appreciation of diversity and a determination to experience as much as he can in life. He has an understanding of others and an especially strong gift of encouraging and lifting up others when they need it most. With all of his achievements and talents, one may be concerned to meet a proud, stuck up character, but instead they will be pleasantly surprised to be confronted by a humble and mature individual of integrity.

Thank you so much to the people who took time out of their day to fill this out for me!

7 comments:

  1. Keaton, you certainly are a good leader- no matter how much we make fun of your terrible idea suggestions in ASB ;). You have the natural ability to lead a group of people. Hopefully you will not be a cult leader, but you're definitely a leader nonetheless.

    Also, I definitely agree with you that some of the questions could've used a "sometimes" option!

    I'm so glad that we get to work together on ASB this year K-dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha "insensitive cult leader".... Although I hope that part of the "horoscope" is inaccurate, you definitely are a great leader in general. I also agree with the word "perceptive" in your affirmation. You always have an interesting insight to share.

    Yeah...I was on the line for a lot of the questions too...if we have to make our own tests in the future, I am definitely putting in a "sometimes" option.

    Great post, Keaton :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way you chose to respond to the descriptions serves to exemplify the true ENTJ that you are. I couldn't help but think that was your intention in the whole thing: you challenged the test's merits with directness and finesse that proved its accuracy. You dismiss its validity in a way that negates the dismissal because you embrace the results. You wanted us to see your genius and cleverness by crafting such a conflicting response. You purposely messed with our heads...

    I am most likely just reading way to into it; I'm sure you just meant what you wrote, nothing more. Yeah, assuming that you wanted to manipulate us to have a certain reaction to your post is absurd. Probably.

    Anywho, I always enjoy reading what you write, because you have a very specific way of expressing yourself. It intrigues me. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more. You are a ruthless leader who would shove elderly women in front of trains if the opportunity presented itself.

    Yeah, these results do some a bit generalized. That being said, I don't think it did too bad of a job considering that it's an impersonalized program made to accommodate thousands of random individuals. It did a pretty good job of capturing your leadership qualities. You definitely assert yourself when you know what you're doing, and I think that is a great characteristic that people would die for. Good luck on your personal statement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with this. You are so outgoing, and really fun to be around.

    Just don't offer me any punch...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's funny you're getting a hard time about the cult leader comment. (Although I guess I started it.) What that simply implies is that you're a person that others are drawn to-- when used manipulatively, that charisma can be unhealthy, but you're grounded in good sense, objectivity, and very real kindness, which makes that personal magnetism a great tool of leadership. I would take punch from you any day!

    In any case: good to take things with a grain of salt, and let this inform you where it's helpful; where it's not, to throw it out. It's helpful for me as a teacher to learn more about how my students operate, and it's hopefully helpful for all of you, even if only minutely.

    10/10

    ReplyDelete